Sunday 8 November 2015

Pro Tools 101

A few weeks ago I was presented with the opportunity to take the AVID Pro Tools 101 course, the first stage in becoming an AVID certified Pro Tools user.
These courses usually cost around £350 as a minium, and I was given the opportunity to do the course for £20, so naturally I jumped at the chance.
The 101 course explores the basics of Pro Tools, understanding the key tools used within the programme and basic work flows. Despite the fact I have worked with the programme for around four years I did learn a lot more about it. The course lasted two days and finished with a 50 question exam. Going in to the exam it was clear to me that I had gained a lot of knowledge about the software and I was still a little nervous but I passed with 48 out of 50 correct answers.
I would encourage people new to Pro Tools to take the course especially if they plan to do the 110 course and become an AVID certified user. I look forward to completing the 110 hopefully before a head into industry after university.

No comments:

Post a Comment